Inground Pool DIY Installation
Can I Install My Own Pool?
We've sold thousands of inground pool kits to homeowners just like you. And our Pool Professionals were there to assist every single customer with expert advice and answers, every step of the way.
At In The Swim, you get a top-quality Pool Kit at the lowest price, plus our team of friendly pool experts is just a phone call away, ready to guide you through the process - from choosing your pool to installing it and then filling your pool with water. This is just one thing that makes In The Swim difference - FREE expertise you can rely on, both before and after the sale.
Is this Project Right for You?
- Are you the "Do-It-Yourselfer" type?
- Do you have the basic skills to use a few simple tools?
- Do you normally handle household "fix-ups" on your own?
- Would you like to save thousands of dollars?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, you're definitely a candidate for this do-it-yourself project! And you'll save thousands of dollars on a sparkling new inground pool from In The Swim. Give us a call today at 1-855-342-4741. We'd be happy to walk you through the process and answer all of your questions. And after the sale, we'll be there every step of the way with FREE expert answers and advice, to help you enjoy your new pool as soon as possible.
Why Not Hire a Local Pool Builder?
- Because most customers do a better job than their local dealer ever could. Why? Pool owners make sure that everything is right. They tighten every nut and bolt. They measure twice. They're not concerned about how fast they can get the pool installed, they want it done RIGHT.
- Because many pool dealers try to scare customers into thinking they can't do it themselves. Their business depends on selling you their pool along with their installation services, so it's in their best interest to steer you towards that complete package. But we know better (and now, so do you).
- Because you can save thousands of dollars by doing it yourself!
Tools & Supplies for your Inground Pool Installation
Below is a list of suggested tools & supplies for your inground pool DIY installation project. Many of these items you probably have on-hand already - a few others you may want to consider renting from your local hardware store. Not every single item below is required, but together they will make the job quicker & easier, and will give you the best possible results. For more information, feel free to call your Inground Pool Expert toll-free, at 1-855-342-4741. They'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the items below, & how to use them.
Spray Paint (a vibrant color that will be visible)
3' or 4' Carpenter's Level
Wrenches (9/16" open end, 1/2" open end)
Channel Lock Pliers
9/16" Socket & Ratchet
Screwdrivers (standard flat & Philips, or cordless power drill)
Box Cutter / Razor Knife
2-5/8" Hole Saw
Tarp(s) (of sufficient size to cover entire pool in the event of rain during installation)
50' - 75' Extension Cord
Work Gloves & Boots
Waterproof Caulk & Gun (for sealing pool coping)
Bundle of House Shakes / Shims (for leveling)
Pool Base (3 options: Pre-mix, Vermiculite & Portland Cement mix, or Sand & Portland Cement mix)
Pallet (save the one from delivery of your pool kit components, or pool equipment)
One 4' x 8' sheet of Plywood
Sand Bags or similar (for liner installation)**
Contractor-Strength Trash Bags
Temporary / Construction Fencing (often required by town ordinance to prevent unauthorized access during installation)
Paddle (Portable Cement) Mixer
Rotary Laser Level (or Builder / Transit Level)
Plate Compactor (gas-powered Tamping machine)
Liner Vac (or strong Shop-Vac) for liner installation
These come with your pool kit - use them to mark the pool perimeter, keep them for setting the pool panels.
** Fill a few sand bags with approx. 50 lbs. of sand or excavated dirt. Be sure to double-bag & securely tie, to prevent spillage in the pool during use.
Top Quality Pool Kit Components
You can choose your new In The Swim inground pool kit with confidence! Because every kit we sell comes with everything you need, to install and enjoy a sparkling new inground pool this season.
- Our Deluxe Pool Kit features top-quality components to create a beautiful, durable, long-lasting pool your family & friends will enjoy for years to come.
- Our Deluxe Plus Pool Kit includes upgrades and additional components for homeowners looking for the "extras", to create a truly incomparable backyard oasis.
If you have any questions about our Pool Kits, feel free to call our team of Pool Professionals for assistance, at 1-855-342-4741.
In The Swim's Top-of-the-Line Pool Kits
In The Swim Inground Vinyl Pool Kits are loaded with features and include everything you need to build and operate your own inground pool. Compare our pool kits with others, you'll find that our all-inclusive packages come out on top!
- Galvanized Steel Walls or ESP Polymer Walls
- Adjustable A-Frames
- Hardware (all required nuts & bolts)
- Deluxe Virgin Vinyl Pool Liner (20/20-mil minimum, your choice of patterns!)
- UPGRADE to 28/20-mil Designer Vinyl Liner (Extra-thick sidewalls, many more patterns to choose from!)
- Hayward Skimmer Pack (widemouth Skimmer, extension collar, vacuum plate, 2 returns, 2 VGB main drains)
- CP2 Aluminum coping, coping screws or Cantilever coping
- 6" or 8" Twin Seat Step
- 4" x 1" Step Jet Hose - Flexible PVC
- Hayward "Ultra" Step/Spa Jet Package
- Deck-Mounted Stainless Steel Handrail
- 3-Step Stainless Steel Ladder
- Stainless Steel escutcheons, aluminum anchor sockets (4)
- Hayward DV5000 Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Aquabot Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1-1/2" 3-Way Jandy Never-Lube Valves (2)
- Hayward 1-1/2" Unions(2)
- Hayward 24" Sand Filter System with 1HP Super-Pump
- 1/8" Wall Foam
- 3 Cans Spray Adhesive
- 3-Piece Telescopic Pole
- Vacuum Head
- 20" Safety Rope & Floats
- Brass Rope Anchors (pair)
- PVC Pipe and Fittings Kit
- Hayward 120V / 500W Pool Light with 50' Cord
- Deluxe Maintenance Kit (test kit, wall brush, leaf skimmer, thermometer, hose-hangers)
- Super Start-Up Chemical Kit
- 10lbs. 3" Stabilized Chlorine Tabs
- Hayward Off-line Chemical Tabs
- AquaRite Salt System for pools to 40K Gallons
- Pool Kit Installation Manual
- Digging specifications
- Complete Warranty Information
Call us today 855-342-4741 to speak with a highly trained and experienced (former) pool builder, and discuss what you would like to do with your backyard!