Pool Shock Treatment
SALE - 10% Off
- Fast-acting Calcium Hypochlorite chlorine granules provide 65% minimum available chlorine for hard-hitting immediate results!
- Kills bacteria and controls algae
- Destroys organic contaminants in pools
- Formula is ideal for super shocking or everyday use
- Non-Stabilized - No Cyanuric Acid (CyA)
- 1lb bags convenient for shocking your water
- Cal-Hypo 68% pool shock can be used in your pool, spa, or hot tub!
- Available in 6, 12, and 24 packs of 1lb bags!
- Low Residue & Fast Dissolving
When algae starts getting out of hand, turn to the fast-acting Calcium Hypochlorite chlorine granules pool shock! The 68% Calcium Hypochlorite active ingredient is very effective at killing and deactivating harmful contaminants such as bacteria, algae and other microorganisms. With 65% minimum available chlorine, Cal-Hypo (Calcium Hypochlorite) will provide you with the sanitizing power you need to keep your swimming pool or spa water crystal clear and safe for your swimmers. Economically priced and packaged in 1lb bags to shock your pool or spa at your convenience. The non-stabilized formula is great for super shocking your water or everyday routine dosages, without the need to contain cyanuric acid.
68% Active Ingredient
Calcium Hypochlorite pool shock treatment 1lb bags have 68% active ingredient to provide a strong, concentrated sanitization for your water. With 65% minimum available chlorine and 35% calcium, you are always guaranteed to break down algae, bacteria, and other organic contaminants.
Great For Pool and Spa Use
Our 1lb bags of Calcium Hypochlorite Pool Shock make it easy for you to shock your pool or spa when you need to. In The Swim Cal-Hypo comes in 6 ,12, and 24 packs, for if you prefer shocking once a week or even once everyday. Don't settle for anything less when looking for a pool shock to effectively treat pool problems like algae blooms and swimming accidents fast. As the chlorine dissolves in the water, it forms hypochlorous acid which is what kills and eradicates algae and bacteria.
One pound of In The Swim Pool Shock will provide 5 - 10 ppm of free chlorine in a clean and balanced pool per 10,000 gallons of pool water. Pools with excessive debris, algae, suspended particles or heavy sunlight will need a proportionally higher dose of pool shock, to compensate for such factors. A double or triple dose is often required for poor water conditions such as spring openings, bacteria contamination, or severe algae blooms.
By destroying bacteria, algae, germs and pathogens, Calcium Hypochlorite pool shock treatment provides a safer swimming environment while also improving and maintaining water clarity. Cal-Hypo pool shock treatment 1lb bags will provide your pool and spa the sanitizing power you need to keep your water crystal clear for its occupants. Economically priced and packaged in a 6, 12, and 24 packs for you to shock your pool or routine sanitization for your water chemistry.
Usage Directions for Swimming Pools:
- Use entire contents when opened. Add the recommended dosage of In The Swim Calcium Hypochlorite Pool Shock during the evening hours while the filter pump is running.
- When adding this product to your pool, broadcast the product evenly over a wide area in the deepest part of the pool. If any granules settle to the bottom of the pool use a brush to disperse.
- For best product performance, swimmer comfort, and crystal clear water: Maintain pH in the range of 7.2 to 7.6. Maintain total alkalinity in the range of 60 to 120 parts per million (ppm). Maintain calcium hardness above 200 ppm. Use a reliable test kit that measures all these ranges. Use In The Swim Pool Care Products to make adjustments. Follow label directions for each product.
- Do not enter the pool until the free available chlorine residual is 1-4 ppm for each of the below noted water treatment applications.
Shock Treatment / Superchlorination:
- For best results, see "Water Balance" and "Usage Directions" sections above before treatment. Every 7 days, or as necessary to prevent pool problems, shock / treat / superchlorinate the pool by adding one bag of this product per 10,000 gallons of water to provide 5 to 10 ppm available chlorine.
- Additional shock treatments may be required to correct problems which are caused by visible algae, high bathing loads, heavy wind and rainstorms. Additional shock treatments may also be required to correct problems such as unpleasant odors and eye irritation.
- Check the available chlorine with a suitable test kit
- Follow "Shock Treatment" directions on the label. Add this product as close as possible to any algae on the side or bottom the pool. If necessary, repeat treatment.
- To prevent possible staining or bleaching, take the following steps immediately after treatment: Thoroughly clean pool by brushing surface of algae growth, vacuum and cycle through filter.
|8.4" W x 10.3" L x 4.7" H - 6.72 lbs.
|9.9" W x 10.8" L x 5.3" H - 13.07 lbs.
|10.4" W x 11.3" L x 11.3" H - 27 lbs.