FREE Standard Shipping on Orders $100 Or More!
Freight charges may apply on oversized products.
In The Swim Pool Algaecide
Pool starting to turn cloudy and green? Add In The Swim’s Pool Algaecide for an effective result to eliminate multiple types of algae including yellow mustard and green algae in pools. The liquid based formula is fast acting to allow you to swim in the water almost immediately after mixing.
Quat Pool Algaecides or Quaternary Ammonium compounds, are technically detergents which is why overuse can cause some foaming to the pool. Quats function as microbial disinfectants, by attaching themselves to negatively charged algae cells. Once attached, they dissolve the outer protective membranes, which allows your chlorine to penetrate the organism’s nucleus. Quats are the most economical pool algaecide to buy, and are typically sold in 10% and 50% concentrations or strengths.
An initial dosage of 26 ounces of In the Swim pool algaecide for every 10,000 gallons of water will control and prevent algae growth in your pool. Regular maintenance every other week of 16 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water will keep your pool crystal clear and free of algae.
Before adding the In The Swim Swimming Pool Algaecide. Make sure to brush your pool. Clean or backwash your filter. Empty skimmer and pump baskets. Turn on the main circulation pump. Super chlorinate according to water volume and interior type. This will build a chlorine residual.
What types of algae does this algaecide kill?
- In The Swim’s Algaecide prevents and controls yellow mustard and green algae in pools.
Can you remove algae stains from pool walls?
- In The Swim Algaecide is great for pool owners who use well water to
Will this get rid of my algae?
- No, this does not get rid of algae, it prevents it. You need to shock the pool to get rid of the algae. The algaecide is used to prevent it from coming back.
What is the initial dosage?
- The initial dosage is 26 oz. per 10,000 gallons.
How long do I have to wait to swim in my pool after using this?
- You can swim immediately after using this algaecide. No waiting is necessary.
Is this a foaming algaecide?
- This is a non-foaming algaecide and will not cause cloudy water.
We’re sorry we missed you; we look forward to assisting you soon. Feel free to leave us a message and we will be in touch as soon as an agent is available. For urgent questions, you can reach us directly at 1-800-288-7946. Thank you for your business!