Above Ground Pools are BACK IN STOCK!
New year, new pool—get ready for next season with the ultimate backyard upgrade. Shop now!
During the long off season in the snowbelt – for those that winterize their swimming pool – the water is not being circulated, filtered or sanitized - making your pool the perfect breeding ground for algae. Our winter pool closing kits have been specifically designed and formulated to provide you with the exact combination of powerful winterizing chemicals to help ensure a swift opening next spring, without additional chemicals needed to restore water clarity. All of our In The Swim Pool Winter Kits Include:
Our Chlorine-Free Shock is a powerful oxidizing agent, but is non-chlorine, and will never harm your pool surfaces or your pool cover. Chlorine-Free winter shock also dissolves faster than chlorine, and maintains greater efficacy at a wider range of pH level. All of our Winter Pool Kits contain our premium non-chlorine shock oxidizer to burn off any remaining impurities, while not reducing the effectiveness of other chemicals.
Our exclusive time-release Winter Floater discharges a non-chlorine oxidizing agent into your pool water for months after it's been covered. Not only does this winter chemical floater sanitize your pool water, but also works to remove carbon dioxide from the water - eliminating one of algae's primary food sources. Unlike chlorine tablet pool floaters, our non-chlorine Winter Floater will never stain your plaster or vinyl.
Specifically formulated for closing your pool, Winter Stain Away helps eliminate stain-causing metals and minerals that can leave your pool with costly liner stains or hard-to-clean waterline build-up. Winter Stain Away sequesters metals – keeping them tied up in solution, to prevent them from precipitating out during winter. Works wonders on mesh safety covered pools, and keeps working all year round to help prevent metal and mineral stains.
The final step to preventing algae next spring is to pour in our special winter pool algaecide. Dr. Pool's own proprietary polymer blend combines in perfect harmony with the other items in your pool winterizing kit. When used in conjunction with our other pool closing chemicals our Winterizer Algaecide is the perfect "knock-out" punch against algae. Lasts all winter long, even into a warm spring.
Made exclusively for our Winterizing Kits, the Winter Sorb™ can absorb up to 40 times its weight in residual suntan lotions and body oils to prevent grease, grime and waterline scum. Oils are not good for keeping a clear pool that is winterized. They provide a low grade food source for algae, and can clog up the waterways, easily combining with free chlorine to create chloramines, which get in the way of free chlorine trying to do its job.
Buy the Winter Kit that best fits your pool size. Don't order a kit that's too small, it's better to have some extra chemical in the pool to help guard against cover tears, heavy debris or warm springtime temperatures. And if you close early, or open late in the season, to buy the next larger size winter kit.
To help select the best Winter Closing Kit, use these formulas to closely calculate the number of gallons in your pool.
- Round Pools: Diameter x Diameter x Average Depth x 5.9 = Total Gallons
- Oval Pools: Long Diameter x Short Diameter x Average Depth x 5.9 = Total Gallons
- Rectangular Pools: Length x Width x Average Depth x 7.5 = Total Gallons
1. Before you close the pool, clean the pool thoroughly.
2. For algae or cloudy water, shock the pool and vacuum debris.
3. Pool pH level should be 7.3-7.5, chlorine at 2-3 ppm.
- Add Chlorine Free Winter Pool Shock. Brush pool.
- Add Winter Enzymes and Phosphate Remover; (Ultimate Kit).
- Add Winterizer pool closing algaecide to pool.
4. Lower pool water to your proper winter level.
- Poke holes in Winter Pool Floater, place in the pool.
- Place the Winter Sorb in pool, to soak up and digest oils.
5. Cover pool quickly and tightly to block leaves and debris.
6. Winterize the pool plumbing and equipment properly.