Hayward - W3DE4820 Pro-Grid 48 sq. ft. DE Pool Filter
- Valve sold separately
- Compatible with valves: SP0740DE (Selecta-Flo 2" SKT), SP0710XR50 (Vari-Flo 1 1/2" NPT), SP0715XR50 (Vari-Flo 2" NPT - Optional), SP0410X5025 (Slide Valve 2" SKT - Optional)
- In-ground pools
- In-ground spas or in-ground pool/spa combinations
- Filter tanks made from durable reinforced thermoplastic to meet the demands of the toughest applications and environmental conditions, including in-floor cleaning systems
- Self-Aligned tank top and bottom make access to servicing the grid elements fast and simple
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof one piece flange clamp securely fastens tank top and bottom. Allows quick access to all internal components without disturbing piping or connections
- High impact grid elements designed for up-flow filtration and top-down backwashing for maximum efficiency
- Uniform low-profile base make removal of grid nest fast and simple
- Integral lift handles and uniform low-profile base make removal of grid nest fast and simple
- Inlet diffuser elbow distributes flow of unfiltered water evenly to all filter elements and provides even distribution of D.E. to grids
- Convenient valve and plumbing options allow for customized control
- 2" full-flow internal piping and plumbing for less resistance to flow and maximum performance
- High capacity, rapid release manual air relief valve bleeds air with a quick quarter turn of the lever
- 48 sq. ft. filter allows for both commercial and large residential applications and years of non-corrosive, trouble-free performance
- 120 GPM residential flow rate
- Certified to NSF/ANSI/CAN 50
The Hayward Pro-Grid W3DE4820 uses a set or grids coated in pool grade diatomaceous earth. The set of grids consists of 7 full grids 24" in length and 1 partial grid 24" in length. The Pro-Grid tank is made with glass-reinforced thermoplastic that enhances durability and product life. It uses a manual air relief valve that eliminates air buildup in the tank rather than having it force back thru the system.
A 1-1/2" drain is used for quick drainage, and a one-piece flange clamp rests securely around the tank, securely fastening each half tightly together. To remove the W3DE4820 requires a minimum of 58.1" vertical clearance. Before removing the top lid, it is suggested to backwash the filter to discharge the contaminated DE powder.
Common QuestionsWhat are the dimensions of the tank?
- Tank Dimensions: (DxH) 24" x 40-1/2"
- Weight: 75 lbs
- The W3DE4820 Pro-Grid uses 6 lbs of DE.
- The max GPM flow rate is 96 GPM.
- The Hayward W3DE4820 comes with the tank, one-piece flange clamp, air relief valve, and threaded bulk heads.
- No. The W3DE4820 does not come with a backwash valve. For a multi-port valve option, we suggest item number SP0715XR50 for 2" plumbing and SP0710XR50 for 1.5" installations. For a side-mount push-pull valve, we suggest item number SP0410X502S.
- Three (3) Year Limited Warranty on Product, see Owner's Manual for a full description of warranty claims and coverage details.
|Product Type:||Pool Filter|
|Filter Type:||Diatomaceous Earth|
|Filtration Area:||48 sq ft|
|Pool Type:||In Ground|
Three (3) Year Limited Warranty on Product, see Owner's Manual for a full description of warranty claims and coverage details.