In The Swim - pH Reducer, 5 lbs.
- Utilizes Dry acid (Sodium bisulfate) for safer, easier control of pool pH and Alkalinity levels
- Reduce pH and Total Alkalinity levels
- Compatible with pools, spas, and hot tubs
- Helps maintain balanced water
- You can swim after 4 hours of circulation
- 10 Pounds of In The Swim granular pool pH Down is equal to 1 gallon of muriatic acid
- 8 oz. of pH reducer per 10,000 gallons will lower pH by .52 pH units
- Add pH reducer to your pool whenever pH levels rise about 7.6
- Corrects pool pH water conditions to prevent skin irritation and damage to your pool and pool equipment
- Easy and safe to store and use; available in several different quantities
- 5 lb Bag!
In The Swim's pH Reducer 5 lb Bag will help lower the Total Alkalinity and pH levels in your pool spa and hot tub for a safer and cleaner swimming experience. With an active ingredient of sodium bisulfate, or commonly known as dry acid, our In the Swim's pH Reducer comes in a granular state to ease the flow of measuring and addition into your pool. Using a pH Reducer will protect chlorine effectiveness and balance the overall chemistry of the pool.
Protecting Your pH Level
The pH level of your pool water is a vital element of your pool's overall water chemistry. PH measures how acidic or basic the water is on a scale of zero to 14, with the ideal pH for swimming pools falling in the range of 7.2 to 7.6. In the event your pH levels get too high, your sanitizers in your pool, spas, and hot tub become around 50% less effective, algae blooms start to appear, calcium starts to precipitate, and your water will become cloudy.
To prevent higher pH problems from occurring, keep an eye on the pH level of your pool and, whenever it raises above 7.6, Use In the Swims pH Reducer to drop the pH level back into the 7.4-7.6 range. Your chlorine will be more stable, and other water balance parameters will too.
Decreasing Total AlkalinityTotal alkalinity is measured by all the hydroxides, carbonates and bicarbonates floating around in your water.It is recommended to keep your Total alkalinity between the 80-120 parts per million (ppm) range for concrete or gunite pools, and 125-150 ppm for vinyl, fiberglass and painted pools surfaces. Alkalinity should be tested on a weekly basis as well as after every addition of a pH or alkalinity increaser or decreaser.
What does pH Reducer affect?
In The Swim's pH Reducer lowers your pH and Total Alkalinity levels in your water
How much should I add to my pool?
1 lbs of In The Swim's pH Increaser per 10,000 gallons to raise pH levels by 0.52
|Bag: 5 lb
|In The Swim