The Polaris 9550 Sport is a self contained vacuum and filtration system. The unit scrubs the bottom of the pool with the cylinder solid blade scrub brush and then vacuums up the debris and filters it out returning the now clean water to the pool. This unit is equipped with many different features such as the motion sensing remote, Dirty Canister Indicator, EasyLift System, 7-day programmable timer, and a 70' swivel cable.
The 9550 Sport cleans pools up to 60' in length. It includes a new premium, compact transport caddy that can be assembled in just minutes without using any tools. The 9550 model is backed by a 2 year limited warranty.
Common Questions:What are the dimensions of the unit?
What comes with the 9550?
- Cleaner Size (WxDxH) 16.9" x 18.9" x 10.6"
- Weight 21 lbs.
- Packaged weight 42 lbs.
Does this cleaner clean in a pattern motion?
- The 9550 will come with a 70 cord, caddy cart, variable programming control unit, remote control, instruction manual, all-purpose filter, and 2 year manufacturer warranty.
Can the Polaris 9550 shock me if I'm in the pool, being a robotic cleaner?
- Yes, The 9550 has ActivMotion Sensor Technology, it controls the cleaners movements, preventing cord tangle and provides complete pool coverage. The 9550 has a 7 day programmable timer and pre-programmed cleaning patterns. (Bottom only, Bottom and Sides, and Waterline)
Is the Polaris 9550 Self Propelled?
- No, The cleaner is a double-insulated product. The need for double-insulation is so that no failure can result in an electric shock.
What size pool was the Polaris 9550 designed for?
- Yes, The 9550 is a four wheel drive unit.
- The 9550 is designed for small to large pools.
Maintenance Tips for the Polaris 9550 Sport:
Click here for parts
- Keep the Control Unit so that it is approximately in the middle of the long side of the pool at least 5' from the edge of the pool. Only connect the Control Unit to a 120V GFCI power outlet. When the Polaris 9550 Sport is cleaning, have the Control Unit in the shade preferably not in direct sunlight.
- Please Note: Do not use an extension cord or cable to connect the Control Unit.
- When submerging the Polaris 9550 Sport, remove any air trapped inside by keeping the unit vertical and ensure the cleaner sinks to the bottom of the pool and does not float.
- To help avoid tangles and kinks in the floating power cable, only place enough cable length in the water for the Polaris 9550 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner to reach the farthest point in the pool.
- After each cleaning cycle, clean and rinse the filter canister to help ensure optimal cleaning efficiency and performance.
- At the end of each cleaning cycle, remove the Polaris 9550 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner out of the pool and store in a safe area on the included transport and storage caddy out of direct sunlight or inclement weather to prevent damage to the cleaner.